We are pleased to offer a wide variety of courses this summer at various venues throughout County Tipperary. There is extremely high demand for some of our courses and places will be offered to those who complete an application form and forward full payment, strictly on a first-come first-served basis.
Flyers will be e-mailed to all primary schools on our data base on Tuesday, May 1st 2018 and applications will be accepted from 1st May on-wards.
Application Forms are available to download here: Application Form Summer Course 2018word
Completed application forms must be returned with course fee to:
Michelle Percy, Director, Co. Tipperary Education Centre, @ Gaelscoil Bhríde, Bohernanave, Thurles.
SUMMER COURSE PROGRAMME 2018
- CASHEL: (1) The Power of Personality for Teachers – Explore the classroom and staffroom dynamics in this course that will open up endless possibilities for you as a teacher and the students in your classroom!
Tutor: Martin Fitzgerald Venue: St. John the Baptist Boys School Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Dates: 2nd-6th July Fee: €30 Lunch Provided
- BORRISOLEIGH : (1) 21st Century Problem Solving (Computational Thinking & Coding) – This course introduces teachers to the concepts of computational thinking and coding to develop their students’ problem solving skills whilst exploring the exciting resources of BEEBOTS and LEGO WEDO
Tutor: Moira Hanafin Venue: Borrisoleigh Primary School Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Dates: 2nd-6th July Fee: €10 Lunch Provided
- NENAGH: (1) Creating and Using Digital Resources for across the Primary Curriculum
Tutors: Michael Small & Maurice Ryan Venue: St. Mary’s Convent Primary School Dates: 2nd-6th July Fee: €10 Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Lunch Provided
(2) Active & Inclusive P.E. for Primary School- Get active and have fun with this practical course in which participants will engage in a variety of activities based on strands of the P.E Curriculum whilst also exploring other ideas, strategies and curricular areas!
Tutor: Siobhán Ryan Venue: C.B.S Primary, Summerhill Fee: €30 Time: 9.30am-2.00pm
- THURLES: (1) Creating & Using Digital Resources for across the Primary Curriculum
Tutor: John Manley/ Tom Percy Venue: LIT, Thurles Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Lunch Provided Fee: €10
(2) AISTEAR- This course explores key ideas in the Aistear: the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework (2009) and provides lots of practical ideas for using these in your Infant classroom.
Tutor: Elaine Moran Venue: Gaelscoil Bhríde, Thurles Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Lunch Provided Fee: €30
(3) Creating & Using Digital Resources for across the Primary Curriculum 2
Tutor: Marie Ryan Venue: LIT, Thurles Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Dates: 2nd-6th July Fee: €10
(4) MINDFULNESS & WELL-BEING – Within the beauty and calm of Cabragh Wetlands, this course invites you to take time to just be and be open to the gift of the present moment.
Tutor: Mary-Teresa McCormack Venue: Cabragh Wetlands, Thurles. Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Dates: 2nd-6th July Fee: €40 Lunch Provided
(5) Creating & Using Digital Resources for across the Primary Curriculum- AUGUST
Venue: Gaelscoil Bhríde, Thurles Time: 9.30am- 2.00pm Dates: 20th-24th August Fee: €10